Are you holding a Sunday brunch for the little kids at your place this coming weekend? If you've already had the party theme planned from before, then all you need to focus on is the menu! And for your children, you can build a perfect menu. Cooking food for kid's parties is not difficult at all if you already know what gets their tummy aching for more!
Innovative Food Ideas for Children's Parties
Grab your apron and get started in the kitchen if you're going to be cooking food for kid's parties throughout the spring season! You'll certainly have a delightful time feeding young mouths eager to grab a spoonful of chocolate ice cream or a pinch of cheesy macaroni. Here are a few amazing party food ideas that you can use for hosting the perfect kid's party:
1. The commonly used menu that you cannot miss out on is none other than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a large jar of orange squash. This is the ideal meal for children if you're hosting a garden party out in the sun. You can even make the sandwiches more attractive by cutting them into different shapes and sizes.
2. Kids simply love junk food so why not give them a dose of mashed potatoes, cheesy macaroni or pasta and a round of soda? Maybe during the party the kids can watch a movie and munch on popcorn and cookies which is every child's delight.
3. Children will dream of going to a party like yours if you've served them with pizzas and several dips. If you're serving kids with anything that can easily mess up your carpet like a dip or a sauce, it can be served separately in small paper cups to add fun into the menu! Cupcakes as dessert with different kinds of icing are perfect for the little ones to munch on.
4. Try avoiding nachos or barbeque items since it'll only lead to problems. Hot food can easily burn a child's tongue. Even the juices that you offer to the kids should be given in plastic mugs since glassware could break and injure them easily.
5. One of the best foods for kid's parties is the classic French fries and hot dogs! You can't forget the tuna buns and grilled tomato sandwiches that every child is crazy about. Irrespective of the theme, the kids will definitely have a starving appetite once all their activities are over.
6. If you want to remain health conscious, then the best suggestions for food for kid's parties can be incorporating fruit juices, fresh salads and milk. Though the kids might just get bored of the menu, you can capture their interest by baking homemade gingerbread cookies and flipping a sunny side up (half friend egg) with a smiley on a toast to start the day's menu.
Maybe boxes of candy after brunch and a good old nap to end the day will keep the children happy. You can try out these ideas for foods for kid's parties if you're planning on hosting one at your place which is exciting and easily manageable.